Two weeks ago was the Share Our Strength Food Bloggers Bake Sale. And you ask, why do I care if it happened two weeks ago? Because hunger is an issue that never goes away, but we raised $1600 to help out.
Salted Caramel Brownies
Makes 16 bake sale-sized brownies
2 sticks butter
8 oz bittersweet chocolate
4 large eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-puropse flour
Salted Caramel Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13"x9" pan with foil (less clean up! no know scientific reason.)
2. In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, melt the butter and chocolate over medium low heat. When mostly melted with a few chunks remaining, pull it off the heat. Let it cool down.
3. Whisk eggs well in a large bowl, then whisk in salt, sugars, and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Stir in chocolate and butter, then add flour. Stir until incorporated.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Drizzle salted caramel sauce in a zig-zag or windy snake pattern. Drag a knife back and forth to create that pretty patter. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Don't overbake.
6. Once out of the oven, feel free to pour more salted caramel sauce in the wells you already created. Really fill up the pan. At this point, the brownies will be too hot and too liquidy to eat. So show some restraint, let them cool on the counter then refrigerate overnight.